MantaWatch invites applications for our 2014 MantaWatch Internship Program.
The 2014 MantaWatch Internship Program (MIP) is specifically targeted toward Indonesian students who plan a career path in marine conservation, research or management, and who are willing to make a long-term commitment to preserving and protecting our oceans.
This year we have again teamed up with Guy’s Trust to offer a small number of fully funded scholarships. Six Guy Joseph MantaWatch Awards are available to exceptional young marine leaders enrolling in this year’s program.
Successful applicants will work alongside MantaWatch experts for four weeks at a field site in Indonesia. They will receive tuition and professional training in manta ray ecology, fisheries and conservation management, scientific diving, and environmental monitoring.
MantaWatch interns play a key role within our team, while gaining practical job skills and experience to support their future professional development.
Find out more about theÂ MantaWatch Internship Program.
Download the 2014 MantaWatch Internship Program application pack to apply.
Applicants meeting the eligibility requirements must submit their completed application form, together with a covering letter, CV and letters of reference to email@example.com before May 31, 2014.
- Be enrolled in a degree program at a graduate school in Indonesia both at the time of application and during the internship.
- Be studying towards a degree in marine/coastal environmental sciences, fisheries science, marine/ coastal resource management, or a related discipline.
- Be at least 20 years of age.
- Possess excellent written and spoken English proficiency.
- Be computer-literate in standard software applications, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Have a track record of successful interaction with different cultures and beliefs.
- Be willing to travel and work in remote locations with basic amenities.
- Have strong interpersonal communication and networking skills, and be energetic, engaging, social and articulate.
- Possess, or be able to obtain, DAN (Divers Alert Network) insurance or similar, a recent certification of “fitness to dive” issued by a medical professional, and basic open water SCUBA certification issued by a recognized certifying agency (e.g., PADI).
- Be proactive, independent and posses the qualities of a future leader and MantaWatch ambassador.
Guy Joseph MantaWatch Award
The Guy Joseph MantaWatch Award is a fully funded scholarship for the MantaWatch Internship Program. Six Awards are available in 2014. The Awards cover:
- Living stipend up to IDR 2,000,000;
- Accommodation at the field site;
- Diving equipment, survey materials and other field costs if required; and
- Domestic flights and travel if required.
The successful candidate will require access to a laptop computer during the internship.